Claims Recovery Financial Services, LLC (CRFS), the mortgage industry’s premier provider of claim filing and recovery services, was awarded the Orleans County (NY) Chamber of Commerce “Employer of the Year” for 2020 at a ceremony held today.
CRFS, which started out with one employee processing a few claims for one client, today employs almost 200 dedicated professionals and handles thousands of claims each month for over two dozen clients.
“The way that CRFS handled things this year…” was cited by the Orleans Chamber as a key factor in presenting the company with this honor. There are several things CRFS did during 2020 to not only preserve jobs and support clients in the face of the challenges and uncertainty brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, but also invest in the company’s future growth. These include:
- Conversion to 100% remote workplace with deployment of workstations at the employee level and establishment of sophisticated IT infrastructure to support a remote desktop environment
- Development and rollout of new compensation plans and enhanced production reporting to more effectively measure and incent remote staff
- Strategic use of Federal PPP funds to help maintain employment levels during the initial Pandemic shutdown phase
- Implementation of a flex staffing model supported by NY State’s innovative WorkShare program that greatly reduced the need for a major corporate restructuring and helped preserve the level of active employees
- Renegotiation of leases at multiple office facilities to address the transformative requirements of the remote staffing model, featuring significant reductions in traditional office space and workstations and expansion of collaboration areas and employee engagement best practices
- Investment in IT Platforms and related hardware to enable remote based collaboration and communication including Office 365 and Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and GoTo Meeting
- Development of a national recruitment footprint and sophisticated recruiting and candidate evaluation models to support hiring of experienced remote staff
- Development and rollout of new product solutions, technology infrastructure, and workflow platforms including RPA that allow CRFS to better address the challenges and opportunities facing mortgage servicers during 2020 and beyond
Widely recognized as the industry leader in claims recovery, CRFS recovers, on average, an additional $2,500 per file for their clients. Clients turn to CRFS for expertise and outsourcing solutions in FHA, VA, FNMA, FHLMC, and USDA claims recovery, HUD Audit support, Loss Analysis review, consulting, and much more.