As you may know, HUD has been developing a new Gateway portal for Supplemental claim submissions. At HUD’s request, CRFS has been closely involved for several months now in testing the new portal. We were recently notified by HUD that the single submission portal is now being rolled out to servicers. Below are several points that we want to ensure the servicer community is aware of:
- HUD has established a new Gateway portal for Supplemental submissions. Although it is currently set up for single submission only, bulk submission will be available in the near future.
- The supplemental claims can be submitted directly into Gateway, and the applicable documentation can be uploaded as well
- This new submission process with HUD will avoid the cost of mailing supplementals to HUD as well as mitigate the lack of control surrounding the receipt of supplemental and supporting documentation
- The information is real time and we have seen an improved turnaround time with claim payment
- According to HUD, “Additional servicers will be onboarded to the new technology in the future through a phased migration approach. Eventually, all servicers will use the new technology for Single Family forward mortgage supplemental claim submissions.” For additional information on HUD’s plan, visit here… https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/fhatechmod001
- CRFS has been involved in the testing of the new portal and has been working with HUD on improvements to the process, so we are very familiar with the new site
- If you would like additional information on how to partner with CRFS on your supplemental claim filing, please contact us at Sales@crfservices.com or 585.589.0800